Principal Engineer Strategic Planning - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
Our Strategy and Operations Group are looking for an experienced and motivated Principal Engineer who can lead and develop Evoenergy’s strategic network planning.
You will play a key role in providing strategic leadership to the business and externally on the viability of options to deliver efficient, safe & reliable electricity network services to the community.
We are looking for an innovative thinker who can promote the importance of future orientation, engage with stakeholders and can apply technical expertise.
If you're looking for a change of pace that has influential impact in the work we do at Evoenergy every single day, this role is for you.
A peek into a day in the life:
The key accountabilities for this role expand into the areas of Network Planning, Network Augmentation Projects, Customer Connection Planning and Strategy & Standards.
- Optimised & prioritised 10+ year network development and reliability plan with rolling capex/opex forecast
- Lead development of planning (Annual Planning Report) and non-network options (Revenue Investment Tests) reports
- Develop network solutions to address identified network constraints, which enable Evoenergy to connect new customers and maintain quality, safety & reliability of supply
- Provide strategic direction on network development to meet business objectives in compliance with the NER & guide creation of innovation solutions for networks & customers
- Apply strategic & technical evaluation of network development and reliability plans and support contingency planning
- Play a representational role on joint planning bodies and liaise with property developers
- You enjoy building and nurturing positive relationships to lead and influence
- You're passionate about working in a dynamic and evolving environment where you can provide business insight and apply your technical expertise
- You enjoy leading long term strategy and risk-based action planning, not afraid to get into the details and work outside of your comfort zone
- You thrive in a team environment and enjoy mentoring and guiding a team to achieve goals
Is this you?
We'll need you to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in electricity related engineering activity
- Knowledge of energy network design philosophies, planning standards and technical development in the Australian electricity industry
- Demonstrated experience engaging internal and external stakeholders on the challenges of planning the long-term viability of energy supply via efficient network services
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering or equivalent teams – preference for network planning management experience
About our application process:
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the above requirements in your cover letter.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Chirag Desai on 0406 377 478. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 29 March 2020. Note, applications will be viewed and assessed upon receipt and shortlisted candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date.
Thinking about the move to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Mar 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- $160,135 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time