Telecommunications Engineer - Transport & Defence - [Archived Advertisement]
With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected global network.
Our Power, Communications and Security team in Adelaide is growing and we looking for an experienced Telecommunications Engineer with transportation and/or defence industry experience to join us.
In this key role, you will contribute to the growth of our technical capabilities within the defence and transportation sectors, undertaking and leading a range of activities including design, documentation, drawing reviews, specification and report writing across diverse communications projects.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Act as the technical lead in studies or design-related projects including project management
- Undertake communications networks and systems designs
- Complete estimates and prepare specifications, drawings and reports
- Work as a part of large multi-disciplinary teams on significant infrastructure projects
- Build strong relationships through outstanding client engagement and interaction
- Complete site inspections of system assets and infrastructure during the project lifecycle
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a consulting environment
- Strong technical design capabilities including transmission network technologies, wireless networks and systems, communications infrastructure and long haul, campus and building distribution communications networks
- Proven experience and a sound understanding of current communications technologies, relevant industry standards and installation practices in the transportation and/or defence sectors
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability develop strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise and work effectively across multiple projects
- An agile and flexible approach with the ability to adapt quickly to the demands of a dynamic consultancy environment
- A strong desire to be involved in new projects and to learn the latest technologies
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in computer systems, telecommunications or an associated discipline
- The ability to travel to client sites and GHD offices as required
Whilst not essential, membership of a recognised professional body including Engineers Australia, the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) Building Industry Consulting Service International
(BICSI) or the Australian Telecommunications Utilities Group (ATUG) and eligibility for Chartered Status (CPEng) will be highly regarded.
A Defence security clearance may be required for this role and applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Our values based culture fosters gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working arrangements for men and women; it is central to the way we do business. We create a nurturing environment where people are empowered and encouraged to bring their whole-self to work. We support our people achieve their goals through flexible work place practises and a focus on output driven behaviours.
- Staff discounts on selected health insurance, gyms, travel and accommodation
- A generous parental leave policy for both women and men
- Access to an employee assistance program
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- Access to personalised career development through the GHD Business School
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
How to apply:
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Dittmar, Senior Recruitment Advisor SA/NQ on 08 8111 6598.
Shortlisting of this role will commence immediately; GHD reserves the right to remove the advertisement before the closing date.
Applications close 20 July 2017.
GHD does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
VIC - Adelaide
NSW - Adelaide
SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time