- Are you experienced in delivering complex strategic procurement outcomes?
- Do you have strong working knowledge of Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs)?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science and technology research organisation!
The position requires a Procurement Advisor with extensive hands on experience in strategic and complex procurement activities, whilst ensuring compliance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and government interconnected policies. Previous experience in Capital works and Construction procurements would be an advantage but not essential.
The Procurement Officer will be required to provide procurement advice and undertake complex procurements, on behalf of various CSIRO business units. The Procurement Officer will be required to lead procurements throughout the entire lifecycle and be responsible for developing all procurement documentation with assistance from relevant stakeholders. Therefore, previous experience in undertaking complex procurements independently is essential.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking and taking the lead in managing complex procurement activities and establish contracts that are compliant with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs).
- Development of all procurement documentation associated with complex procurement, in particular, procurements related to capital expenditure, infrastructure and property maintenance.
- Assisting in negotiations with suppliers and manage issues to successful agreement.
- Developing contracts as an outcome of tendering activities.
- Managing Relationships effectively.
- Other responsibilities as specified in detail in the Position description.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPR) and how they apply to CSIRO as a Corporate Commonwealth Entity (CCE) organisation in managing procurement, contract negotiation and contract management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and delivering complex procurements throughout the entire procurement lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to think strategically to support the strategic direction if CSIRO in the way procurements are undertaken.
- Ability to conduct procurements in accordance with the Commonwealth procurement Rules in a fast paced and diverse organisation.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28 Sept 2020, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT