We currently have a full time permanent opportunity in our Melbourne Liquir Distribution Centre. Working in a passionate and supportive safety team, time will be spent building relationships and creating engagement, as well as:
- Supporting the rollout of the Primary Connect Safety Strategy, Safety Management System and SHE Plans in the new site
- Assisting with implementation of policies and procedures, safety and health programs, systems, tools and training to support compliance and assurance
- Coaching functional and line managers in the implementation and continuous improvement of performance and risk management
- Providing advice and support to managers in safety-related matters, including incident investigations and hazard/risk management
- Promoting and championing a positive culture within the new DC and ensure a safe working environment
- Lead the development of appropriate stakeholder management network meetings.
- Collecting and disseminating relevant data in support of initiatives and reporting
- Ensure key management system and operational procedures are documented and maintained
- Identify opportunities for improvement of national systems and processes for the National Safety Team
Who we are looking for
Our Safety Lead will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a leader with:
- Experience in a similar role and at least a Diploma level in an associated safety discipline
- ICAM certification or experience
- Maintaining continuous learning through affiliation with industry groups & legislative updates
- Ability to manage self to complete recurring work and special projects
- Time Management and project prioritisation skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships and be persuasive with regard to all levels of management
- Demonstrate leadership within all aspects within the scope of the role
- People skills in servicing and influencing
- Understanding of the legislative framework, standards and codes of practice relevant
- Maintain knowledge of Dangerous Goods and Occupational Health & Safety policies / procedures
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.