Safety Lead - Primary Connect NSW
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups
- Newly created role and the opportunity to make this your own
- Yennora based
- Permanent full time opportunity
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, petrol, general merchandise and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers and manufacturers.
In this role you will be responsible for leading Primary Connect’s Transport implementation of safety practices and processes, to identify and address risks & WHS legislative compliance requirements including Chain of Responsibility compliance (Local regulatory and Supply Chain’s Safety Management System Standards).
Through the Primary Connect Operational Teams lead and guide a high level of compliance to the Supply Chain’s Safety Management System including the contracting standards.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the safety outcomes by leading, directing & influencing Primary Connect business leaders, team members and contracted carriers and suppliers on application of safety risk management tools & processes in the workplace and to embed ownership of safety.
- Facilitate and participate in operational risk assessments, incident investigations and hazards and effects management process evaluations to determine effectiveness of controls and to implement improved operational safety risk controls.
- Support the roll-out of safety initiatives across the businesses by engaging the Primary Connect business leaders and working with them to implement these consistently within the Primary Connect business, supporting the education of employee’s, contractored carriers and embedding in the business processes.
- Support the development and embedding of health and safety standards specifically with a transport view to continuously improve and to achieve best practice
- Identify safety improvement opportunities with businesses and assist in the implementation of these to drive continuous safety improvements.
- Lead a Primary Connect Safety Committee with key stakeholders involvement and engagement
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced professional with:
- Minimum 5 years health and safety experience/WHS Diploma level or relevant qualifications
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Significant experience in risk management, incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Contractor Safety Management experience
- Experience monitoring and embedding safety processes and systems that drive performance improvement and integrate effectively with transport industry business processes
- Detailed knowledge and application of all relevant legislation, reporting and understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Experience in influencing safety requirements across multiple different contracted carriers.
- Have an understanding of contacted/suppliers/3PL businesses to be able to effectively influence working better together outcomes.
- The ability to effectively communicate and influence with all levels of an organisation
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write succinct documents
- Proven leadership skills
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Flexibility isn't just about working from home. It's about opening the conversation and changing the focus to what & how we deliver, rather than where we deliver it. Chat to us about your flexibility needs.
- A culture that embraces new talent and truly a great place to work.
- Team member discounts across Woolworths brands.
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
We are focused on inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
See how our team are creating better experiences together and connect with us through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or www.wowcareers.com.au
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.