Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator for City Maintenance to join our fast-paced Operations team. This newly created position will be reporting to the Executive Manager Operations, and require a highly-organised, proactive and motivated individual. This role will require the successful candidate to work both inside office and out at the field, leading the maintenance team and contractors, making sure they meet their deadlines following the proper policies and procedures. One of the keys to this position's success would undoubtedly be exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage Council's facilities and open space routine maintenance and cleaning to ensure outcomes, timing, budget and other associated objectives are met in accordance with best practice service delivery.
- Plan, develop and monitor facilities and open space routine maintenance and cleaning programs and associated budgets for the section, including forward planning for funding requirements.
- Provide advice and high quality written technical, information, briefing reports and correspondence as required meeting the needs of Council, community and key stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing City Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements while fostering an equitable and fair workplace.
- Provide support to the Executive Manager Operations in identifying and mitigating risk.
To be successful you will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or minimum of five (5) years' experience in similar roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the preparation and management of budgets/ demonstrated experience in budget and contract management/administration and supervision.
- Demonstrated experience to lead, motivate and supervise team members/ Demonstrated experience of mentoring, coaching and motivating staff to deliver high performance and customer focused outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of maintenance programs and projects, including contract management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Health And Safety procedures, policies, responsibilities as set out in current legislation.
- Proven ability with communication, research and report writing skills including a high level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, plan and achieve performance outputs, work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
Be part of an innovative and committed council
With a strong commitment to a fair and equitable workplace ethos, rigorous adherence to WH&S procedures and a culture of innovation and transformation, you'll be focussed on high performance and quality outcomes. You will be ready to proactively lead and actively support the Council's vision, goals and values that complement a changing culture.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 31 July 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Ron Quinn, Executive Manager Operations on 08 8980 3654.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical and a psychometric test.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer