Manager Supplier Governance & Compliance - [Archived Advertisement]
Metro Trains Melbourne (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Supplier Governance & Compliance
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey.
Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely.
We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
- Outstanding role within our Finance & Commercial team
- Ongoing position, based Collins St, Docklands
- Attractive salary package and generous benefits. WHF and flexibility
About the team
The Finance and Commercial Division is responsible for providing governance, support and advisory services to enable the sustainable commercial success of Metro including the achievement of Profit, Cash and Return on Investment targets.
The Supplier Governance & Compliance (SGC) function oversees the governance and compliance activities of MTM's procurement and contract management processes, provide risk oversight and insights to ensure compliance with the respective policies and procedures applicable to procurement, probity, benefits gifts and hospitality and third-party contract management.
About the role
Supplier Governance & Compliance function is the second Line of Defence in relation to mitigation of pre- and post-contract award risk for MTM and also undertakes monitoring activities for compliance with policy.
The Supplier Governance & Compliance Manager will consult across Metro to set, improve, and communicate the standards of procurement and contract management governance and compliance in accordance with Metro policies and procedures. This role will execute compliance programs to ensure that Business area management, Procurement, Commercial Contract Managers and Contract Delivery Managers are adhering to MTM's Procurement policies and procedures, probity principles, Contract Management Framework, legislation, and compliance obligations.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Provide assurance for effectiveness of procurement and contract management controls via the compliance testing program and activities, including investigations and monitoring of audit actions.
- Identification of procurement and contract Management non-conformances and systematic weaknesses in Metro policies, procedures, and systems.
- Once identified, taking an impact-based approach to take appropriate remedial action by consulting and resolving issues with the relevant stakeholders around Metro, including Procurement & Category Management, Commercial Contract Managers and Contract Owners.
- Take a risk-based approach to make recommendations and implement corrective actions to prevent future issues.
- Adviser and escalation point on procurement and third-party contract management governance and compliance.
- Provide oversight and insights on conflict of interest, procurement probity and third-party risk management. This includes assessing disclosed conflicts of interest in procurement and formulation of appropriate mitigations.
- Assess and report on Benefits, Gifts and Hospitality policy compliance.
- Coordinate and manage the end-to-end MTM supplier complaint resolution process.
- Develop and assist in delivery of training and coaching on compliance.
You will play a critical role in promoting a culture that embraces the Company's Procurement & Contract Management capability to deliver and retain value to Metro overall.
Why work at Metro?
- Work for a multi-award-winning rail operator with rewarding career opportunities that provide you with the support and training to take your career to the next level!
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse, and supportive company made up of various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Work-life balance options including flexible working arrangements, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and purchasing up to 4 weeks of additional leave per year.
- All eligible Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria.
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts including healthcare, fitness, finance, and more.
- You will be a highly effective communicator with solid understanding of procurement and contract management methodologies or experience in Procurement or Supply Chain compliance.
- Tertiary qualification in business administration, accounting, audit, finance, legal, information systems, or related field.
- Experience in governance, risk, assurance, or compliance functions (within first, second or third line of defence).
- Demonstrable negotiation and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on unambiguous and concise communications.
- Strong financial/ commercial acumen
- Solid project / operational financial and information management skills.
- Proven track record in managing and driving change in a function through strong governance and continuous improvement.
Applications close Wednesday 29 November 2023.
If this role resonates with your values, experience, and career needs, then come join us and help connect people and places for a growing Melbourne!
- Closing Date:
- 29 Nov 2023
- VIC - Docklands
- Work Type: