- $86K to $93K + Super
- Temporary position to 10 January 2020 (with possibility to extend)
- Full time / Monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 17843
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a procurement professional who enjoys working with a dynamic team to drive transformation in procurement practices.
The successful applicant will be joining a transforming procurement environment with a supportive team culture. The role would best suit an applicant with strong stakeholder management skills with a proven track record in procurement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Co-ordinate and manage strategic procurement and contract management process through consultation with key stakeholders for services/works projects of a complex or special nature.
- Provide high level advice and services to management and departmental officers in relation to procurement and supply contracting activities under the Local Government Procurement Policy framework.
- Develop and maintain tendering and contract management documentation, including databases, procurement and tender plans, registers and intranet sites.
- Deliver cost reduction and sustainability outcomes.
- Ensure a high level of governance and risk management.
- Implement a procurement assurance system including audits, training programs, mentoring programs and health checks.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly Rostered Day
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible Working Hours
For further information please contact Olivia Akdeniz on 9240 2409.
Applications close: 5pm, 16 April 2019
Separate document addressing key selection criteria does not need to be included in your application.
Your application should include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.