Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Transport, Sustainability & Municipals Laws Department for an Engineering Services Coordinator.
In this role you will lead and motivate a dynamic team of professionals and coordinate the functions of the engineering service unit to manage all aspects of transport and municipal drainage services to the Banyule community.
You will require strong communications skills to negotiate, consult and collaborate with varying levels of the organisation from Councillors to CEO, community members and staff.
We are looking for someone to provide a quality engineering service for Council and be at the forefront of progressive practices in sustainable transport and water sensitive urban design.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent Engineering qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers, Australia and diverse experience in transport and traffic or civil engineering.
- A well-developed understanding of established Civil Engineering practices and principles, policies and practices and relevant Australian Codes, Standards and Guidelines and community expectations and requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of the regulations and other statutes in relation to road safety and the management of roads and drains and other infrastructure.
- Knowledge of progressive practices in sustainable transport and water sensitive urban design.
- Ability to undertake complex investigations and prepare detailed Engineering reports and correspondence
- Ability to problem solve engineering issues through analysis, discussion, negotiation and team work.
- Experience leading and motivating staff
- Experience managing resources and engineering projects.
- Highly proficient in literacy, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and relevant accounting and financial procedures
We know you will enjoy the challenge and benefits of this role, so we can offer:
- A leadership opportunity
- Permanent Full Time
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives, such as discounted private health insurance
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Great work environment, located close to shops and cafes.
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- $103,220 - $115,363 plus super.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the ‘apply now’ button or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Daniel Kollmorgen, Manager Transport, Sustainability & Municipal Laws on 0394579880 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our careers page.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 27 July 2017
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.