Field Engineer - Distributed Energy Resources
Field Engineer - Distributed Energy Resources
- Join a leading global organisation within a growing sector in the energy market
- Work in a growing sector with exciting projects to be involved in
- Be part of a strong collaborative team with a start up mentality
About the Company
Enel X has an established business in Australia & New Zealand with ambitious growth objectives. Our mission in Australia is to help accelerate the Country’s transition to renewable energy. We do this by building virtual power plant (VPP) resources that solve new challenges created by the intermittency of variable wind and solar power stations. Enel X is the market leader in this space, operating the largest VPP in Australia today.
Our VPP is comprised of distributed energy resources that are embedded within businesses across Australia. In joining our VPP, these businesses earn a new revenue stream by making their resources available to support the power system. These resources are orchestrated by Enel X’s 24/7 real-time trading and optimisation platform, which is unparalleled in the market today. Our market-leading VPP today includes more than 200 businesses across diverse industry sectors.
From this place of strength, we plan to dramatically grow the scope and scale of our VPP in the coming years.
About the Role
As part of our Innovation and Development team, we are looking for a Field Engineer with a proactive mindset, up-to-date knowledge and experience working in a fast-paced environment in this ever-changing, exciting area.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership during the project delivery, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the technology we deploy, which includes Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), Solar PV, industrial heat pumps and thermal storage. Reporting to the Asset Operations Manager, you will act as the critical link between internal engineering resources, local asset operations, the global operations team, the end customers and our technology vendors and suppliers. You will need to be highly flexible in day-to-day activities, easily moving from direct customer interface to data analysis and engineering engagement, to interactions with contractors.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Field Service Management: Direct management of maintenance service contractors and scope of work at customer sites.
- Develop and monitor the scope of works for operational and maintenance contracts.
- Monitor the health of assets in the field and action any issues
- Clearly communicate with customers by phone, e-mail, and in-person to answer application/system questions, solve technical issues
- Coordinate work order checkout and compliance with all related quality assurance measures
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team or external vendor for follow-up and issue resolution
- Coordinate and oversee contractor scheduling/activity related to our customer base to ensure project quality and customer satisfaction
- Train contractor base (on-site and remotely) where necessary to complete project scope
Systems Engineering: Configure, commission, monitor and operate distributed battery, solar and other energy resources.
- Review and develop owner’s manuals and safety response plans.
- Prepare and review functional descriptions of systems and controls with a holistic understanding of the DER assets.
- Prepare commissioning plans and process documentation, ensuring that all information is complete and accurate, and train others.
- Commission and monitor battery storage systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organisation such as Engineering, Delivery and Operations and Field Service to resolve system issues
- Support solutions and project engineering by:
- Working in coordination with Sales, Energy Markets, global subject matter experts, preferred vendors and contractors, and asset development as a critical link between internal technical resources, the end customer, and other key stakeholders.
- Utilising standardised or newly-developed workflows to manage project delivery within the contracted scope, timeline, and cost to ensure a first-class customer experience.
- Recording outcomes in our CRM system to ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Developing deep technology and application knowledge of Enel X products, with an initial focus on BESS assets.
To succeed in this role, you need to possess most of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical degree
- A valid driver’s licence
- A Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Experience in a customer-facing field engineering or technical support role
- Demonstrated technical experience in electrical or power systems, preferably including work with complex commercial and industrial sites
- Experience with installing and trouble-shooting assets and field devices preferably controls, metering hardware and modems
- Project management skills including ability to multitask, prioritise, set and meet deadlines, work independently, and perform tasks with emphasis on accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and speed, with unwavering attention to safety and quality
- Self-motivated, comfortable managing ambiguity and operating without day-to-day direction
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- An intellectually curious mind. We are in a fast-paced industry, so we want someone unafraid of the unknown and who thrives on learning new things
- Experience with the following is desirable:
- Networking: SSH, SCP, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Languages: Python, Flask, MySQL, , HTML
- Servers: Ubuntu, Apache, Flask, AWS EC2, Linux Command Line
If this role is your next career move, hit the "Apply" button. We’re super excited to meet suitable applicants so send us your CV and a cover letter highlighting your career achievements relevant for the role.
Due to high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Enel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any other organization location. Enel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation and Distribution