Project Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Bulla Dairy Foods (View other jobs from this organisation)
Bulla Dairy Foods is 100% Australian owned and operated and has been proudly making dairy products in country Australia for six generations. We are one of Australia's oldest family-owned dairy companies and believe in our brand, our people and take pride in crafting dairy products for the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Engineering team, based in Colac, Victoria. Reporting into the Group Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of assigned engineering capital projects at both our chilled and frozen products factories.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake studies of production processes for the identification of productivity and efficiency improvement, loss reduction, cost savings and troubleshooting of issues.
- Consult with Production, R&D, Maintenance, Quality, Safety, in the scoping and development of assigned projects.
- Write project specifications, develop project cost estimates and prepare capital expenditure requests.
- Engage key stakeholders to facilitate the successful implementation of projects & initiatives.
- Obtain quotations from equipment suppliers and installation contractors.
- Undertake project procurement, issue purchase orders, negotiate and manage contracts.
- Manage contractors’ work on site to the highest possible levels of safety by ensuring they work and comply with Bulla safety systems and processes.
- Manage projects to scope, time and budget as planned in the approved capital expenditure request.
- Prepare progress reports and provide input to financial reporting.
You will have:
- Degree in engineering (Process/Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electrical).
- Engineering knowledge applicable to food manufacturing, engineering design and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills to understand operational problems to ensure optimum solutions are proposed.
- Demonstrated achievement in engineering roles in the food processing industry, ideally within the dairy sector.
- Demonstrated record of success in delivering projects from inception to completion, on time and within budget.
- Ability to effectively manage scope, time and cost, set priorities, plan, lead, organise and control all aspects of engineering projects.
- Eligibility for membership of Engineers Australia – Professional level.
- Knowledge of legislated regulations and codes of practice as they relate to engineering projects.
What we can offer you:
- A hybrid working model as standard, encompassing both on site and flexible work from home arrangements.
- A great cultural environment in a proud, Australian family-owned business.
- A variety of benefits including a Short-Term Incentive Program, corporate clothing allowance, delicious take-home product and free parking.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity within a reputable family business. With great opportunities for personal growth and development, you'll contribute to the success of this iconic household brand with a long history and bright future.
If this sounds like you, please apply now to join the Bulla family.
- VIC - Colac
- Work Type:
- Full Time