Quality Assurance Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Bindaree Food Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Quality Assurance Officer
Bindaree Food Group (BFG) is a vertically integrated supply chain business delivering global meat solutions both domestically and internationally and has solidified its position as a prominent leader in the Australian meat industry.
We have a vacancy for a Quality Assurance Officer to join us based in Burleigh Heads on the beautiful Gold Coast.
About the role:
The Quality Assurance Officer will assist in ensuring compliance within the required standards and the quality of all incoming and outgoing products by auditing and monitoring quality procedures and production process and escalating deviations from relevant specifications, as well as driving and embedding the quality culture through the education of supervisors and operational employees.
This role may be required to work morning, afternoon and/or occasional weekend shifts.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supporting and influencing the improvement of site Food Safety and Quality Culture through the education of the wider team, providing food safety and quality direction and training where needed.
- Actively participating and contributing to the achievement of operational excellence through coaching and challenging team members to understand why quality and food safety is important.
- Maintaining the importance of Quality Assurance throughout the organisation through high visibility of the QA team and ensuring QA involvement in processes.
- Working with team members to effectively solve problems relating to quality, including customer complaints, with the focus on implementing sustainable solutions.
- Driving continuous improvement and working directly with team members to raise awareness of opportunities.
- Conducting tests on product samples
- Monitoring the performance of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Hygiene Practices (GHP), Quality and Food Safety parameters to ensure internal standards are maintained.
- Monitoring and verifying that the testing of sample products conducted at various stages of the production process confirms to specification and that all results are documented in the required format.
Who we are looking for and you and your experience:
- Minimum of AQF Level 5 qualification in an associated field, and / or at least three years of relevant industry experience
- Basic understanding of AUSMEAT, Export Requirements (DAWE), Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and QA language.
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) concepts and applications.
- Ability to understand organizational systems relating to process compliance, stock management and labelling. Experience with iLeader, Promptu and/or Bizerba systems highly regarded
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, ideally obtained in a meat processing environment
What we have on offer:
- Full time permanent position.
- Mainly Monday - Friday with occasional weekends.
- Ongoing training and development.
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Closing Date:
- 30 Dec 2023
- NSW - Burleigh Heads
- $60,000.00 - $70,000.00
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety & Environment