About the Role
As our GCIS Senior Project Manager you will support, coordinate and guide the delivery of the project. As an experienced Project Manager you will be a key interface with the construction contractor. As part of the GCIS leadership team, you report to the Project Director and will be responsible for leading a small team to ensure the project achieves key milestones, meets safety responsibilities, business and performance measures.
- Work with the GCIS Project Director to confirm the optimal delivery approach for the GCIS project across its procurement and delivery phases (including construction staging), allowing the Delivery Authority to successfully deliver to the agreed time, budget, and specifications and to realise the anticipated benefits for the State of Queensland.
- Contribute to development and finalisation of detailed designs for the stations.
- Contribute to construction procurement phase, including input to market sounding and tender processes, evaluation of bids, and negotiating value for money outcomes for the State.
- Oversee the construction and delivery of the GCIS project, and drive performance in the construction contractor, including meeting schedule milestones, delivering against budget, risk management, variations, and quality.
- Oversee planning, sequencing, and prioritisation of GCIS Project works, ensuring delivery and integration across the GCIS Project, Cross River Rail Program and interface with other relevant projects in the region.
- Foster a project culture based on good governance, commitment to excellence and a high standard of professional ethics ensuring the GCIS Project's program delivery, technical services and safety management teams operate in an environment based on high transparency, open communication, consultation, and trust.
- Represent the GCIS Project Director where required at relevant forums and committees, ensuring effective negotiation and resolution of significant issues.
- Coordinate project activities across internal teams, such as customer and operational readiness, systems integration and assurance, land and stakeholder engagement, commercial etc
- Foster strong relationships with key external stakeholders including Queensland Rail and Department of Transport and Main
- Ensure that all safety and assurance obligations with all applicable rail and infrastructure statutory requirements are met in the delivery of project works, including those outlined by the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator.
As our successful candidate you will have experience in managing and delivering rail infrastructure construction projects where you will have previous experience in project management roles where ideally you have had to liaise with senior management teams and executives within a Government environment.
Having worked as a Senior Project Manager, you are able to demonstrate your experience in managing time, cost, risk and quality in a technical environment that includes multiple stakeholders such as the project owner, operator and supplier/contractor.
With strong stakeholder engagement, you enjoy leading teams to achieve optimal outcomes, where you innately mentor them to grow your team professionally, including upskilling them to achieve great outcomes for both the project and them as individuals.
As an effective communicator both written and verbally you are able to work tactfully and diplomatically with the highest levels of professionalism and attention to detail.
**Please note, this role will be offered as a 3-year maximum term contract**
Why work with CRRDA?
This is a once in a life-time opportunity to work on South-East Queensland's largest infrastructure project where you will be part of a passionate team of professionals that will leave a lasting legacy for the city of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Please note, CRRDA will be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period and unfortunately, we will not be accepting any agency submissions.
If you have any questions in regards to this opportunity please contact, Brianna Tyler – Recruitment Advisor on 07 3153 2627 or email@example.com for more information.
Closing Date – Friday 30th July 2021
At Cross River Rail we know that we must have the most talented employees with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to support our project delivery. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build balanced teams from all walks of life.