IT Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Southern Ports (View other jobs from this organisation)
About Southern Ports
Southern Ports manages the three gateway ports of Albany, Bunbury and Esperance, and facilitates trade through the commercial management of efficient, safe, sustainable, and customer-focused ports. Our three regional ports play a vital role in connecting Western Australia with world markets. It is our belief that strong regional ports lead to strong regions, and that results in economic and social benefits for the communities across the regions we serve. Our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to supporting our teams and building a diverse and capable workforce that is geared to meet the current and future needs of our customers and the sustainability of our ports.
Our Vision: Strong Regional Ports, strong regions
Southern Ports is recruiting an IT Manager to join their team in West Perth. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the IT Manager’s accountabilities and functions will include day to day IT and OT service management, IT strategy development and technology project implementations. The IT Manager is accountable for overall service management/delivery of approved technology services. The IT Manager will participate in the selection and implementation of technology solutions. The IT Manager leads a team and is responsible for building effective relationships with stakeholders across the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the provision of the highest standards of customer service to clients at all levels by modelling service excellence and by establishing and monitoring structures, systems and standards to achieve high levels of internal customer satisfaction
- Ensure IT & OT Team capability is fit for purpose. Lead, manage and develop team members. Scope roles and recruit as required to source talent.
- Ensure technology solutions and services are developed with high levels of integrity and deliver sustainable value to Southern Ports.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of technology-related projects.
- Make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support.
- Establish external supplier relationships via contracts as required to meet the IT & OT Strategy.
Experience and skills
- Degree qualified in Information Technology or Business or related discipline and/ or demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience with IT Governance structures and frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Management structures and methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology Management
- Extensive experience in leading, managing and developing teams
- General knowledge of cyber security
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with extensive stakeholder management experience.
- Experience in technical knowledge, reporting and being able to deliver on short lead times.
- Current minimum WA C Class drivers’ licence
To be eligible for this permanent role, applicants must reside in or be willing to relocate to Perth and provide proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency. The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Maritime Security Identification Card and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
Southern Ports is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, gender, age, religion, sexual preference or disability. We encourage applications from all culturally diverse backgrounds, Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians. Southern Ports is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and impartial workplace with equal opportunities for all employees.
Applications close 21 November 2023.
Please contact Melissa Honstein, Recruitment Advisor on email@example.com for a position description or further information.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Nov 2023
- WA - West Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time