General Manager Submarines - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
General Manager Submarines
The Department of Defence’s Primary role is to defend Australia and its national interests. In delivery Defence capability to the Australian Government, the Department of Defence is seeking to recruit to a unique and exciting role that offers the right candidate an opportunity to provide commercial support and advice to a wide range of leading edge Defence capability programs.
The General Manager Submarines, within the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group, is charged with leading the development, structure and management for the design and build of Australia’s future submarine fleet, including associated projects as well as the establishment of an industrial and commercial strategy for its execution. The successful candidate will lead to establish a single work force which will collaborate, partner, plan and execute all submarine related work in the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group. The General Manager Submarines will work to mobilise the capability of industry partners to enable the joint design, development and build of non-nuclear submarines at Australian facilities.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has excellent stakeholder management capabilities and experience working with Government at the most senior levels and senior staff in international security organisations.
- Is able to maintain relevant relationships with equivalent groups within the UK, US and European Defence Sectors.
- Has extensive international representation experience, as well as knowledge and experience in the areas of Defence strategy, planning and acquisition and sustainment of complex acquisitions, specifically submarines.
- Possesses knowledge of the complexity of government operations and has an ability to work with government Departments and the Defence industry collaboratively.
- Has a track record of building qualified teams to manage large projects.
To be successful, you will play a key role in promoting and influencing the work of the organisation and its people. You will exemplify the One Defence Leadership behaviours and engender a culture of innovation, collaboration and agility. You must also be able to effectively manage complex legislative and ethical frameworks to achieve capability outcomes for Defence and the Australian Government.
Defence offers a competitive remuneration package, inclusive of superannuation and an Executive Vehicle Allowance. Relocation expenses are covered where applicable, noting that the position is located in Canberra.
Engagement may be negotiated on an ongoing or non-ongoing basis. To be eligible, an applicant must be an Australian citizen. This is a security-designated position. The successful applicant may be required to undergo a security assessment to the highest level.
To discuss the requirements of this position, after first obtaining the selection documentation, please telephone Blayne O’Hara at EQV on 1300 565 010.
Applicant information packs, including selection criteria and application instructions, can be obtained by visiting https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/cp/?audiencetypecode=defenceext. Applications close at 11:30pm (AEST) Monday, 1 April 2019.
For Senior Executive Service administrative recruitment enquiries please contact the Directorate of Senior Officer Management on 02 6265 1742.
- Closing Date:
- 01 Apr 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Competitive remuneration package
- Work Type:
- Full Time