Senior Electrical Design Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our Major Projects Team and help shape the future of Canberra.
- $133,043 - $156,964 + 15% Superannuation
- Full-time, ongoing role based in Canberra
- Join a dynamic team passionate about powering the Canberra community.
Work for Evoenergy
We own, maintain and operate the electricity distribution network in the ACT and the gas network in the ACT and parts of NSW. We supply safe, reliable and cost-effective electricity to over 200,000 residential and business electricity customers, and over 140,000 gas customers.
At Evoenergy, we’re focused on safety, reliability, innovation and sustainability. We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires, because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans.
Our teams of qualified professionals are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About the role:
Evoenergy is seeking a customer-oriented Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our Major Projects Team.
As Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will apply your effective stakeholder management skills to transform customer needs into successful project outcomes through the formation of electrical design solutions, providing oversight during all phases of assigned projects.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in electrical designs works for chamber substations including preparation of wiring diagrams, new estate development electricity infrastructure, high voltage feeders and renewable energy connections.
- Analysing and understanding customers’ enquiries to formulate project scopes, including visiting sites, preparing preliminary project costs estimates, performing electricity network analysis, earthing studies, overhead line and LV drop calculations.
- Ensuring the project/design complies with applicable engineering codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Preparing contract documentation and organising project approvals and schedules.
- Acting as the initial customer point of contact and liaising with project stakeholders to ensure successful project outcomes and positive customer experiences,
- Managing customers’ expectations and negotiating acceptable outcomes for the business, whilst focusing on customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to your peers.
- Regularly reviewing all works within scope of responsible to ensure they meet regulatory and legal requirements, are within project scope and budget, and meet customer expectations.
What will I need to be successful?
- Minimum Advanced Diploma, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering. A Degree in Electrical Engineering would be preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in an asset-intensive industry in design of complex electricity distribution projects, including; substations, switchyards, overhead and underground networks.
- Experience and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to electricity distribution, or similar regulated environment.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving experience
Apply through our Recruitment Portal by submitting your resume and a cover letter that clearly outlines the key skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role. You should also address the ‘About you’ criteria above.
To learn more about the role, we encourage you to contact Sumith Gamage, Design Manager, on 0420 524 490.
For guidance with the application process, contact email@example.com
Applications close midnight Friday 20 October 2023.
At Evoenergy, you’ll enjoy benefits such as:
- Competitive remuneration
- Subsidised gym membership
- Leadership and professional development programs
- Employee rewards and recognition
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diverse, inclusive, and respective culture, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds – and encourage applications to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Oct 2023
- ACT - Greenway
- $133,043 - $156,964 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation and Distribution