Control Room Team Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Salary package from $194k
- Ongoing, Full-Time opportunity
- Ensure the safe and efficient delivery of energy on our distribution network
Seeking a strong people leader to lead a team of fifteen staff responsible for the daily operation of our electricity network
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region.
We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
About the Role
Evoenergy’s Strategy and Operations Group have a rare opportunity for an experienced leader to join our team. The Control Room Team Lead will manage the daily operations of Evoenergy control room and lead a team of expert Network Controllers, Outage Coordinators and Commissioning Engineers.
In this role, you will report to Evoenergy System Operations Manager and draw on your technical and operational leadership experience in order to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient delivery of energy on our distribution network.
Day to day you will:
- Ensure normal operation of the electricity network under standard conditions.
- Assess and authorize the network urgent (emergency) work’s proceeding
- Oversee the network reactive incidents management and its satisfactory resolutions’ delivery
- Oversee the network reconfiguration proposals and support its subsequent implementation
- Oversee the control room personnel staffing levels to ensure its continuing adequate resourcing.
- Govern the Control Room Policies and Procedures’ review to maintain their currency and content’s suitability
- Facilitate the Control Room teams learning and development in coordination with Evoenergy System Operations Manager
- Support the commissioning engineers in achieving a safe and satisfactory energisation of the newly introduced or modified network assets
You will have:
- A recognised Electrical Trade Qualification
- Experience and understanding in the operation and maintenance of electricity network infrastructure, control systems and field operations
- Knowledge of network access procedures and operating practices
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and/or people management experience to sustain a high performing culture
- Ability to think strategically to analyse and determine response to network events
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
How can I apply?
You should apply through our Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the above requirements in your cover letter.
To learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Wahid Ibrahim on 0420 525 236. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, applications will not be accepted via email.
Applications close Sunday 14th February 2021
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Feb 2021
- Salary package from $194k
- Work Type:
- Full Time