Overhead Assets Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Salary package from $194k, negotiable depending on experience
- Ongoing, Full-time opportunity located in Canberra
- Be integral to the success of our Overhead Assets team and operations
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
About the opportunity
Evoenergy are looking for an Overhead Assets Manager to work within our Network Services team.
In this role you will have 3 direct reports, and lead a large team of approximately 45 staff who are responsible for developing overhead asset management plans and delivering on planned works.
Reporting to the Group Manager Network Services, we are looking for a strong people leader, who is committed to growing our workforce culture of Powering Possibilities, and will always champion a safe work environment.
If you are looking for a new and challenging opportunity where you can lead change initiatives and play a role in impacting the Overhead Asset Management strategy at Evoenergy, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What can you expect from this role:
- Develop and manage 0-5 year Asset Management Plans to optimise network performance
- Oversee the assessment of work plans to confirm requirements for delivery and minimise underutilized time
- Oversee the requirement of accurate and timely recording of business information such as asset condition information, time-sheeting, vehicle log books, leave applications etc.
- Implement the required processes to ensure the most efficient cost allocation in regard to Opex or Capex
- Ensure compliance to standards and regulatory requirements
- Provide commercial estimation services to the works performed by Overhead assets
- Lead a diverse team with a focus on improving workplace culture and safety performance
- Communicate the strategic direction to all staff, define performance expectations and build the capability of the section
You will have:
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications or related discipline, supported by demonstrated experience in operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a large technical maintenance and construction team, with a history of improving employee experience and performance
- Demonstrated high level business and financial acumen
- Validated experience in the improvement of safety culture and work practices
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage, influence and negotiate, and a track record of leading through open and honest communication with your team
- Strong knowledge of the operation of electricity network infrastructure
Does this sound like a leadership opportunity for you?
If so, please apply through our Recruitment portal, submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you can bring to this role.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Brad Eagle, acting Group Manager Network Services on 0406 959 769. For enquiries about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 7th February 2021.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Feb 2021
- $194k package, negotiable
- Work Type:
- Full Time