- Keep our fast-growing city safe and liveable
- Permanent position, full time or flexible hours
- Salary from $106,988 plus super
We are the City of Melbourne, a bold place to be extraordinary
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community by being bold, innovative and sustainable. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Do work that matters. Make the difference.
A bit about the role
Almost one million people live, work, study or socialise in the City of Melbourne every day.
The Civil Infrastructure Coordinator will play an integral role in supporting the delivery of our Civil Infrastructure Services Contract, ensuring the city stays safe and liveable for all. This is Council’s largest contract, delivering critical maintenance and construction operations. Roads, footpaths, laneways, stormwater drains and traffic signs are just some of the assets we look after.
You will oversee road surveillance and manage the performance and quality of the services delivered under the CIS contract.
What you’ll deliver
- Empowering leadership and guidance to a small team of technical professionals
- Effective management of the City’s largest contract, ensuring maximum value for money
- Innovative thinking that optimises contract efficiencies within a financially constrained environment
- Performance evaluation of service level agreements and outcomes
- Oversight of the city’s road surveillance program
Early identification of any issues and escalation to the Team Leader as required
With your excellent knowledge and experience in delivery of infrastructure contracts and constructive people skills you will manage the performance of the City of Melbourne’s largest contract delivering value for money maintenance and construction services to the community.
The next 12 months is critical for us as a team to think innovatively in order to optimise contract efficiency in a financially constrained environment while continuing to enhance customer service.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Skills in contract administration including assessment/ validation of claims, cost variations and dispute resolution process.
- Advanced project management skills including the ability to plan, implement, monitor and manage project delays and issues.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and the ability to respond to the needs and concerns of the community.
- Sound knowledge of business management systems including quality assurance, risk management, occupational health and safety and environmental management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage positive relationships with key stakeholders and service providers critical to the delivery of Council’s services.
- Strong EQ and a track record in taking initiative.
Bonus points if you have…
- An aptitude for leadership
- Strong political acumen
Make the difference, be extraordinary
We are the economic, social and cultural centre of Victoria and the heartbeat of one of the world’s most loved and liveable cities. By joining us, you will become part of a truly remarkable team whose work directly contributes to shaping the future of Melbourne.
Our people are our greatest assets. We are focused on building an inclusive and constructive culture that empowers all of our people to do their best work and where everyone belongs. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
Together, we make the difference.
If you’re ready to do extraordinary things, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Anita Johnstone, Team Leader Civil Infrastructure Contracts on 0466 855 081.
Applications will be accepted until 11:45pm Wednesday 27 May 2020.
CoM is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all walks of life.