$166,050 Total Employment Package
Senior Officer Contract to 31 October 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
The City of Melbourne is embarking on the largest investment in its history to preserve and renew the Queen Victoria Market, creating an expanded market precinct. With renewal works commencing on site in early 2018, this is your chance to be part of the team delivering new market infrastructure, restoring the market’s heritage and securing the market’s future as Melbourne’s and Australia’s largest, most popular and successful traditional open air market.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager – Delivery will be responsible for leading the delivery of multiple Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal (QVMPR) program, along with leading, managing and developing a team of project and development management specialists.
The role is accountable for the delivery of assigned projects associated with the QVMPR, including project planning, undertaking technical due diligence, preparing project scopes and specifications, budget and schedule management, procurement / tendering, managing consultants and contractors, contract administration, risk reporting and project management across the project life cycle in order to deliver high quality, sustainable project outcomes and achieve QVMPR Program milestones.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to work with other QVMPR Program team members, Queen Victoria Market Pty Ltd (QVM Pty Ltd) and other key stakeholders to deliver the Program requirements whilst ensuring the continued operation of the market and minimising disruption where possible.
You will have…
- Degree and/or equivalent qualification in Project Management, Engineering or Building/Construction Management, or other requisite experience.
- Engaging leader with outstanding communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in project management, including delivery and management of high value, complex projects in a large and diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Prior experience delivering projects within a “live” operating environment and with multiple stakeholders is desirable.
- Strong understanding of Project Management methodologies, with an ability to coach others in project management methodologies.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expectations and client needs which are often of a competing nature.
- Demonstrated senior experience supporting or leading commercial negotiations.
- Highly developed analytical and lateral thinking skills and the ability to take the initiative, drive changes and implement innovations.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to use discretion and judgment in a complex business and political environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects and tasks, and to implement projects on time and to budget.
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills being able to juggle many issues at once and being responsible for ensuring all matters are handled in a timely, professional manner with stakeholders informed of progress as appropriate.
- Excellent problem solving abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to think strategically and conceptually to identify obstacles, consider multiple perspectives and distil complex information to create viable options that address the project’s and organisation’s current and future requirements.
- Proven ability to initiate ideas and work autonomously maintaining an approachable manner and capable of employing tact and constructive ideas to achieve results.
- Proven high level of written, interpersonal and verbal skills including the ability to present and represent the views of the Council.
- The ability to manage highly confidential and sensitive matters with discretion, responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of relevant legislation, policies, practices and best practice approaches in procurement, project management and construction management within a government environment.
To view the physical requirements of this position and the position description please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
Please address your covering letter to Joanne Wandel, Program Director, Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal Program
The Advertised Close Date for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers and may be subject to change.
For important information before applying and the many great benefits of working with us click on … City of Melbourne Careers Page
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.