Metro moves you around Melbourne.
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
About the position
As a member of the Procurement and Supply Chain Leadership team lead, the Head of Procurement Operations and Analytics is responsible for leadership of best in class Procurement Operations Centre of Excellence including; Risk, Governance, P2P, supplier prequalification, vendor master control and management, policy, Performance & Analytics.
You will also be required to lead and deliver on the four components of the Procurement and Supply Chain Value Proposition to;
- Improve profitability
- Improve supplier performance
- Improve the user experience and operations excellence
- Manage supplier risk across 1000+ suppliers
- Tertiary education in Business, finance or similar
- Extensive leadership experience across procurement, procurement systems and processes, information management and business improvement methodologies – experience in Ariba would be an advantage
- Experience in leading sourcing projects, contract preparation, contract negotiation/execution, contract management, supplier development/management stores, warehouse management,
- Experience in facilitating and leading cross functional teams to develop and implement process improvements
- Strong appreciation of analytics and financial principles
- Understanding of procurement methodologies as applied within a category management framework
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication with a strong ability to read the needs of the audience
Ready to apply?
Please submit your application by 11pm Sunday 31st January 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.