Engineering Manager - Level Crossing Review Group (LXRG)
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to support the delivery of the Level Crossing Removal Program. This large-scale program will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
In this role, you will report to the MTM Chief Engineer and will be responsible for management of the LXRG of around 50 people. This includes providing engineering oversight to satisfy the obligations and requirements of the MTM Safety Management System and Engineering Management System, as well as effective management of areas including budget management, resource management and forecasting, planning, and quality control. This is an existing, full time, permanent role based in the Melbourne CBD.
Accountabilities will include:
• Monitor and assess engineering activities undertaken by project delivery teams to ensure they are conducted in accordance with MTM's Safety Management System and Engineering Management System
• Exercise the delegated authority of MTM's Chief Engineer with regards to the LXRP.
• Oversee formal technical engineering reviews, and ensure that any open issues and technical risks are being properly managed
• Identify work practices, methods and activities that can be altered or improved, particularly related to engineering processes as applied on the LXRP
• Work with project delivery teams to ensure knowledge sharing, consistency and efficiency across the program
• Contribute to the review and development or requirements for new projects within the LXRP to ensure that MTM operational and technical requirements are captured.
• Monitoring and reporting on the activities and performance of the review group
• Prepare documents and reports that are necessary for the proper management of the assigned engineering tasks and ensure that appropriate project records are maintained and accessible
• Day to day management and development of a team of 50 people with 9 direct reports
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Qualifications in Engineering
• Experience in Engineering/Construction management/design, including all facets associated with planning, costing, contracts, design, construction, testing and commissioning, quality and safety
• Experience and knowledge of contract management
Why work for Metro?
• Career development and opportunities to learn new skills
• Collaborative team of passionate people
• Free public transport in Victoria
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and make a tangible impact on Melbourne's rail infrastructure. If what you've read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB Tuesday, 28th January 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note - only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.