Pilot Plant Technician
Pilot Plant Technician
- Do you have experience in good manufacturing practices?
- Learn new skills to support the food processing plant and scaling up activities
- Join CSIRO Agriculture and Food and make a difference!
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is expanding our capabilities at the Werribee Pilot Plant and we are seeking a motivated Pilot Plant Technician to join the Processing team. The pilot plant includes state-of-the-art food manufacturing research facilities with a range of different modules.
As the successful candidate, you will assist other members of the team in running pilot plant operations, assembling small scale food processing lines (unit processes) and ensuring cleanliness and hygiene of plant and equipment is maintained. You will learn unit operations at various scales (laboratory, pilot and industrial) to support the food processing plant and scaling up activities.
Your duties will include:
- Preparing the processing modules for ready utilisation.
- Sterilising and cleaning equipment and keeping processing areas clean.
- Operating processing equipment.
- Receiving, checking and storing raw materials and moving products from processing areas into storage and shipping areas.
- Monitoring product quality before packaging by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting treatment conditions when necessary.
- Cleaning equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors.
- Weighing, measuring, mixing, and processing ingredients.
- Undertaking activities in the Processing Pilot Plant including prolonged standing, working in a noise affected environment, working at heights or in enclosed spaces and manual handling.
Location: Melbourne (Werribee) VIC
Salary: AU$48k - AU$62k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A certificate of high school education or equivalent TAFE/VCAL accreditation and/or relevant work experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and good manufacturing practices in industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills coupled with demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Good hand-eye coordination and an aptitude for technical activities and practical work.
- The ability to work in an environment requiring physical demands and developing safe working procedures.\
- A history of professional, respectful and supportive behaviours in a collaborative environment and ability to remain productive, positive and resilient in complex or ambiguous situations/environments.
- To undergo a pre-employment medical prior to commencing in the role and to be able to undertake specific activities including prolonged standing, working in a noise affected environment, working at heights or in enclosed spaces and manual handling.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent and undergo a pre-employment medical prior to commencing in the role
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31st October 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 31 Oct 2021
- VIC - Werribee
- AU$48k - AU$62k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: