Business Development Manager Mineral Resources
Business Development Manager Mineral Resources
- Do you have minerals industry knowledge and a strong BD background?
- Can you grow and convert commercial opportunities to deliver on revenue targets?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency today!
The role of a Business Development (BD) Manager in CSIRO is to support and enable the effective delivery of science outcomes through external engagement, including market validation, managing the customer engagement process, opportunity development and pipeline build, business model development, and delivering strategic partnership and commercial outcomes.
This role will report to the Business Development & Global (BD&G) Director and will be deployed to CSIRO’s Mineral Resources (CMR) Business Unit (BU). CMR brings together interdisciplinary teams with expertise across the entire minerals value chain, from exploration through to mine closure and rehabilitation. We deliver science and technology innovation to help Australia unlock the value of its mineral resource endowment and to drive the competitiveness of the Australian mining industry.
You will be tasked with building and monitoring a range of internal and external relationships that support the delivery of CMR and CSIRO strategic objectives as well as facilitating close collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders to identify and close strategic business deals.
Your duties will include:
- Working with science teams to maintain an up-to-date pipeline of industry engagement and commercial opportunities, ensuring accurate forecasting and rigorous follow-up to drive achievement of revenue targets.
- Developing and managing a portfolio of industry relationships aligned to BU and CSIRO strategy, business plans, and commercialisation objectives.
- Developing a strong knowledge of both CSIRO and CMR BU strategies, policies, processes, systems, and tools that are relevant to BD. Using this knowledge to champion their application in areas such as program strategy development, operational planning, governance, and pipeline management.
- Striving to continuously gain deeper insight into the mineral resources industry, its needs, pain points, and emerging opportunities. Using this knowledge to help shape CSIRO’s engagement with the industry and to guide BD and commercialisation activity.
- Proactively creating a portfolio of ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key internal stakeholders and utilising these relationships to support BD activities and objectives.
Location: Brisbane, QLD preferred; Melbourne, VIC or Perth, WA considered
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area, such as Science, Engineering, Business, Management, or equivalent management/leadership experience in the mineral resources area.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including experience working with science, commercial or engineering staff and a proven ability to work with and influence stakeholders across all levels
- More than 5 years minerals industry knowledge, sales or business development experience
- The ability to facilitate and drive collaboration across stakeholder groups, such as via leading workshops to deliver outcomes and ideas against a theme.
- A history of growing and converting an opportunity pipeline through the development and implemention a business development strategy.
- Flexibility in thinking, including the ability to anticipate, manage and develop appropriate solutions to complex problems, effectively manage ambiguity and readily adapt to changing circumstances.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 17 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 17 Oct 2021
- AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: