Facilities Technician - Environment and Grounds - Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) - [Archived Advertisement]
Facilities Technician - Environment and Grounds - Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC)
- Perform essential site services at the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex
- Use your well-rounded maintenance expertise to manage contractors and perform a variety of tasks
- Join our friendly team and help ensure a smooth running facility – Make a difference at CSIRO!
The Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) supports ground-based spacecraft telecommunications as part of the international National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) Deep Space Network (DSN), under contractual arrangements between the NASA and Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
As the Facilities Technician – Grounds and Environment with the CDSCC, you will be an integral member of the Facilities team, working under limited direction and routine supervision. You will perform routine maintenance of various site facilities including but not limited to, grounds, landscaping, sewage and water treatment plants, fuel systems, safety systems, environmental protection and management, as well as assisting tradesman in more complex facilities tasks as required. In this essential site role, you will provide support to various maintenance contracts and site projects, and undertake management of contractors on a regular basis.
In this role you will:
- Operate and perform basic maintenance on equipment including light trucks, backhoes, mowers, skid steers, forklifts, Elevated work platforms (EWPs), tractors and motorised hand tools.
- Perform grounds, lawns and garden maintenance and act in accordance with the Site Environmental Management Plan.
- Assist in heavier landscaping and similar duties operating equipment, and assist in excavation works and plumbing as required.
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance checks on vehicles and perform basic building maintenance tasks where required.
- Wash cars and perform basic mechanical checks including tyre pressures, fluid levels etc.
- Perform checks on the site fuel system and sewage plant and manage contractors in the repair and scheduled maintenance of these systems.
- Ensure onsite contractors are supervised and meet relevant requirements.
- Role model a culture of continuous improvement.
Location: Tidbinbilla (Canberra) ACT
Salary: AU$68K to AU$76K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation (plus Tracking Station Allowance $6,160.88), pro-rata for part-time
Tenure: Indefinite – full-time or part-time (minimum 0.8 FTE)
To be considered you will need:
- Education/Qualifications: Year 10 Certificate.
- Other Certifications (current or ability to obtain within 3 months):
• An Australian Class ‘C’ driver’s license
• Working at Heights and Confined Spaces Training
• Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
• White Card
• Working with asbestos training
• Chemcert accreditation
- Experience with horticulture and/or grounds maintenance in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Previous experience with a range of power hand tools, mobile plant and equipment.
- The ability to work effectively independently or as part of a diverse multi-skilled team.
- A willingness to learn new skills and work across a diverse range of tasks and activities.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
- Applications open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents, who are able to meet the US Export Administration Regulation requirements.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
- As this site works directly with NASA and JPL, the successful applicant will be required to obtain an Export Administration Regulations (EAR) clearance/approval, to perform the inherent requirements of the position.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Sunday 3 October, 2021 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Oct 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$68K to AU$76K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation (plus Tracking Station Allowance $6,160.88), pro-rata for part-time
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time