Mineral Processing Project Scientist - [Archived Advertisement]
Mineral Processing Project Scientist
- Contribute to high-level mineral processing science application & development
- Combine your lab & experimental work experience and project management skills
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency today!
The Mineral Processing Scientist will support CSIRO’s Minerals Resources Business Unit, and be involved in all aspects of comminution, beneficiation and data collection and analysis, focusing particularly on processing and upgrading iron ores. The role will be as a member of the broader Carbon Steel Materials Group of the Business Unit.
This position will involve providing mineral processing scientific and commercial outcomes for external and internal stakeholders, and will be expected to contribute to high-level mineral processing science application and development.
Your duties will include:
- Conducting and participating in laboratory & pilot-scale experimental work, including maintaining and upgrading the equipment.
- Collecting and interpreting experimental data from beneficiation circuits, and providing input to project direction.
- Allocating activities, directing tasks for junior staff, and managing resources to meet objectives.
- Communicating research outcomes through reports, publications in relevant scientific journals, presentations at conferences, and liaising with customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team, the Mineral Resources business unit and across CSIRO to reach objectives.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: $85K – $96K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, or Chemical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in applied research (or similar) related to process mineralogy and mineral comminution and beneficiation.
- Experience in the management of scientific equipment and tailoring data collection and analysis approaches to solve specific problems.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with customers and/or colleagues to establish their requirements and ensure customer satisfaction and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO in this role, you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2021
- QLD - Brisbane
- $85K – $96K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: