- Apply your research engineering expertise in mining or blasting.
- Initiate and participate in innovative research projects.
- Join Mining3 - A global leader in mining research and innovation.
CSIRO’s Mineral Resources is seeking to appoint a Research Mining Engineer to work within Mining3’s research program.
Mining3 is an industry-driven, global leader in mining research and innovation. We develop and deliver breakthrough innovation and technologies that transform the productivity, sustainability and safety of the mining industry.
In the position of the Research Mining Engineer, you will develop technologies in Mine to Mill value chain optimisation and support the development and implementation of novel Hydrogen Peroxide Explosive technologies in Mining3’s Research Programs.
Your duties will include:
- Initiate and participate in innovative projects in Mining3’s Research Programs.
- Provide technical input to Mining3 projects in modelling of Mine to Mill and value chain optimisation, Blasting and Rock Breakage and other Mining3 projects when required.
- Support the development and field implementation of novel explosive products including customer interactions, risk assessments and development of loading techniques.
- Preparation and execution of detonation tests at the blasting range.
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering and extensive relevant work experience.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Experience in Mine to Mill optimisation.
- Experience in blast instrumentation, measurement and modelling of blast movement.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 24 September 2020, 11:00 pm AEST