- Studying Science or Engineering and want to get hands-on research experience?
- Want to be a part of the team developing full automation of an industrial scale leaching column?
- Apply for an Industrial Traineeship now!
Successful candidates should be eligible to enrol in the University of Melbourne’s Science & Technology Internship subject SCIE30002 (or SCIE90017 if enrolled in a postgraduate degree).
As an Industrial Trainee, you will be part of the Intelligent Leaching Column Project Team undertaking preparation and setup for the first live testing using the facility to compare traditional manual control of the leaching process with automated control of the process. To do this you will first become familiar with the new facilities functional operation and documents as required (Safe Work Instructions, Checklists, Inventories) to reflect the safe operation of the new Intelligent Leaching Column facility.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out assigned tasks within the Intelligent Leaching Column project.
- Under supervision, learning to operate experimental equipment and subsequently proceeding with related tasks.
- Undertaking all work-related activities and interactions in accordance with the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Tenure: Earliest start mid-March 2020. Latest finish June 2020. Maximum 10 hrs per week (80-120 hrs total).
Job reference: 65405
To be successful you will need:
- Successful completion of at least one year of a Science or Engineering undergraduate degree.
- Eligibility for enrolment in University of Melbourne Science & Technology Internship subject SCIE30002 (or SCIE90017 if enrolled in a postgraduate degree).
- A solid grounding in science and engineering as evidenced by suitable scores in relevant university subjects.
- Sound problem-solving, communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
To apply online, please provide a Resume/CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field. Then upload your academic results in the ‘Cover Letter’ field.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 for assistance. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
Contact: If you have any questions regarding this traineeship please contact David Molenaar by email at David.Molenaar@csiro.au or by phone at (03) 9545 8893.
Please do not email your application directly to David Molenaar. Applications received via this method will not be considered.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Applications Close: Sunday, 8 March 2020