- Take your project coordination skills from office to ocean
- Support operational & equipment requirements of the RV Investigator
- Join Australia’s premier research organisation, CSIRO
CSIRO’s Marine National Facility (MNF) seeks to appoint a Facilities Support Officer as part of the Facilities Team. The Facilities Team is responsible for managing the contract with the external ship management provider, and works closely with the CSIRO’s Engineering and Technology Program to procure, coordinate maintenance, and ensure the science readiness of scientific instruments and equipment including containerised laboratories.
In this role, you will report to the Science Technology Coordinator, and will work collaboratively within the team as well as with a range of stakeholders to support the operational and equipment requirements of the RV Investigator. If you like the idea of interstate and occasional overseas travel, and the opportunity to voyage out to sea, this may be the role for you.
Please note: To be eligible for this role, you must be able to obtain the following:
- Security clearance
- Maritime Security Identification Card
- MNF sea-going medical clearance
Your duties will include
- Managing and coordinating the storage, preparation, freight and logistics of MNF equipment and spares for voyages.
- Assisting with the transition to, and effective implementation, adoption and management of, the online science equipment inventory including data entry and stocktake of equipment, parts and spares.
- Assisting with mobilisation and demobilisation activities during port periods in Australian and foreign ports as required.
- Liaising closely with a range of stakeholders including technical support teams, marine crews and external contractors to ensure effective planning, logistics and equipment requirements are met for voyages.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: AU$83K- AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination of projects, including the ability to plan, organise and monitor progress against firm timelines, to achieve successful outcomes and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of complex databases and/or inventory management systems, with the ability to develop and implement new processes and procedures.
- Proven ability to communicate openly and respectfully with a range of internal and external stakeholders in the interests of good business practice, and work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals.
- Proven ability to develop and implement concise and accurate documentation for a range of users.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively across multiple teams to solve problems and negotiate agreed solutions.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. Discover more about CSIRO.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.