- Be where the future research is in global manufacturing
- Lead scientists and engineers helping Australian manufacturers to be competitive
- Join the CSIRO team - and make a difference
Australian manufacturing is changing focus from heavy industry to high tech products. Our science, equipment and international connections are helping Australian manufacturers globally.
As the Science Director/Deputy Director you will play a leading role in the scientific vision, leadership and direction of CSIRO’s manufacturing business unit, whilst ensuring CSIRO remains scientifically competitive.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Impact science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnerships
- Resource leadership
Location: Clayton, Vic preferred, Lindfield NSW may be considered
Salary: An attractive salary package will be negotiated
Tenure: Three years
To be considered you will need
- An established international eminence in a relevant science domain with evidence of effective world-class science leadership.
- Evidence of successful leadership of platform, discovery and impact science relevant to Manufacturing (i.e. biomedical manufacturing or chemicals and fibres or high performance metals or industrial innovation).
- Strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that grows new science opportunities and supports commercial outcomes.
- Ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent, to promote wellbeing and foster cross organisational capability.
- A track record in supporting a senior leader in optimal positioning, organisational alignment and science delivery in the national interest.
- A track record in planning for science infrastructure to meet short and long term needs.
- A history of exemplary behaviour.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO solve the greatest challenges using innovative science and technology. Our value to the Australian economy is massive. Our proud legacy invented fast Wi-Fi, Aerogard and polymer banknotes. Today we’re helping to find the first gravitational waves in space, growing gluten-free grains, 3D-printing body parts and pioneering new renewable energy sources, just to name a few.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
15 March, 2019