- Are you interested in coal mining geoscience?
- Add value to the team with your effective and efficient support
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science technology research organisation
Research Projects staff in CSIRO collaborates in scientific and technological activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental, observational or technology development work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work. Research Projects staff may be involved in providing consulting services, science management and/or industry liaison.
CSIRO is seeking a junior-level structural geologist to play a supporting role in coal mining geoscience related research, and bring new capability to enhance the integration of geology, structural geology and geomechanics in coal mining research.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out field work individually and or part of the team to complete research and to support project requirements for the Coal Mining Program.
- Acquisition, interpretation and analysis of field data including geology, structural data and geophysical data.
- Interpretation of geological information such as geological logs, geophysical logs, seismic data, maps, records and drawings, and identifying key structures and associated geological factors.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: *CSOF3 – AU $62K – AU $79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*CSOF4 – AU $82K – AU $93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
* This Position is offered across two levels, the appointment will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s/master’s degree or relevant work experience in Structural Geology/Geology.
- Apply both theoretical knowledge and practical experience in geology and geological structures and its impact on coal mining in day to day duties.
- Experience with geological modelling software.
- The ability to work effectively as a part of multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
07 Feb 2019