- Are you interested in X-ray technologies?
- Assemble samples and data for analysis
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’ Minerals is seeking to appoint a Project Scientist - Analyser Development for their X-Ray Science group.
You as the successful candidate will plan experiments and operate instrumentation in the laboratory to assess the effectiveness of measurement techniques. You will assist to develop an understanding in the Sensing and Sorting (SAS) program’s technologies.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Conduct laboratory work on mineral samples to assess the effectiveness of measurement techniques.
- Develop understanding in the Sensing and Sorting (SAS) program's technologies
- Develop a working knowledge of the hardware components within analyser prototypes.
Location: Lucas Heights NSW
Salary: AU$62K - $79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year specified term
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant degree in physics or physical sciences at honours level minimum; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver assigned research project objectives and report outcomes within a specified timeframe whilst working under the broad direction of a supervisor.
- Ability in applying scientific problem solving and research to solve measurement problems
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Sunday 27 January 2019
Please note: This is a readvertised role, previous applicants need not apply.