- Kick-start your career in Stores and Logistics
- Add value through efficient and effective operations support
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO, Australia’s premier science & industrial research organisation is seeking to appoint a Stores and Logistics Officer in their Business & Infrastructure (CBIS) unit.
As a successful applicant for this position, you will have demonstrated experience in the provision of logistical and administrative support in a complex environment and with working in a team environment. You will form strong and productive working relationships with clients and team members.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high quality stores and logistics service to all CSIRO staff and clients and business partners at Clayton.
- Ensure the efficient, timely and accurate receipt and dispatch of all material goods through the store, to and from the site(s) including the coordination of bulky goods direct to the client or remote destination.
- Ensure mail and freight items are recorded/received/held/dispatched as necessary and specialist packaging issues such as dangerous goods, frozen or cold samples, critical timeframes, etc., are considered and implemented as per clients’ instruction.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: $45K - $59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need:
- Possession of a current Australian driver’s licence and appropriate current licenses for the operation of forklifts.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the operation of a stores and logistics service including inventory control and stocktake.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook) and routine administration.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 16 July 2018