The Hastings Deering Group is one of the top 5 Caterpillar dealers worldwide. The company is the exclusive distributor for the sale of Caterpillar equipment, technology solutions, parts and service support in our territories. Headquartered in Brisbane, Hastings Deering has close to 3000 employees, across 23 business service centres throughout Queensland, Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.
At Hastings Deering we genuinely believe that our people are our most valuable competitive advantage. No matter your profession, the scope of our operations means there is a place for you here. About the Role
We are currently in search of a suitably experienced and qualified Safety Advisor to manage health, safety and environment across our Central Queensland mining contracts. You will be a dynamic and versatile individual with a minimum diploma qualification in health and safety looking for your next big step. Working on 8 days on 6 days off roster (8/6) you will be supplied a company vehicle whilst on shift.
Reporting to the Safety Superintendent the primary focus of this role is to ensure continued compliance with our Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management System. You will utilise your expertise in Workplace Health and Safety to provide advice, influence and coach our workforce in the Central Queensland area to ensure a safe working environment. The successful applicant will be required to complete or currently possess a Coal Board Medical clearance as well as Generic Coal Mining Inductions for Queensland Coal Mine sites. About You
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
About the Offer
- Diploma OHS qualified and working toward Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety is essential
- Cert 4 Environmental Management is preferred
- Workplace Rehabilitation Return to Work Coordinator experience
- Experience working with major mining companies is desirable
- Current Resource and Infrastructure Industry competencies (RII’s) for Mining Supervisor (S1, 2, 3), Risk Management (G2) and more advanced competencies in these fields will be highly regarded.
- Exposure to heavy mining and construction equipment workshops, open cut and underground coal and metalliferous mine sites, warehouse operations and the legislation and regulations they operate within.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of WHS and Environmental Legislation, Standards, Codes of Practice, Qld Coal Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Recognised Standards.
- Extensive understanding of incident investigations and reporting experience
- Demonstrated capacity to operate in a team environment and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Superior communication and customer service skills across all levels of business
- Possess a proactive and committed leadership approach to safety and a “flexible can-do attitude”
- Competent skills in Microsoft applications.
Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- A company funded income protection scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
Please call 1300 071 618Applications Close:
Friday, 27th September 2019To Apply: http://www.hastingsdeering.com.au/home/careers/job-centreMore info: www.hastingsdeering.com.au
Like the ‘Hastings Deering’ Facebook page, or find us on LinkedIn.
Hastings Deering is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work place of respect, inclusiveness and diversity.