Your new company
What is PTV ? It is the single point of contact for you to gain information on Public Transport services, fare, tickets and initiatives. We manage Victoria's train, tram and bus services. Our team develops and nurtures a strong, vibrant culture encouraging innovation to drive a high performing government organisation. We build on the hard work, passion and creativity of our people to promote excellence in our industry, and greater mobility for all Victorians.
PTV helps hundreds of thousands of Victorian's make their way to and from life's events. That may be arriving to work or school, visiting family or friends, attending sporting or entertainment events, whatever it is, WE PLAY A ROLE.
Your new role
The Principal Engineer, RAM will support the Network Technical Performance Engineer, operating within the Technical Services Branch of NIPA, by providing RAM engineering and relevant technical services relating to the integrity and assurance of public transport assets.
The key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Proficient in the preparation of accurate, well-presented and timely reports, briefs, submissions and other relevant RAM engineering and assurance documentation
- Proficient in the delivery of high quality RAM engineering and technical support associated with the Network Technical Performance Team's role in planning, development, modelling, impact analysis, assurance and operation across the public transport network asset lifecycle
- Proficient in the day to day operations through the provision of high quality RAM engineering and technical support to the Network Technical Performance Engineer and other project teams within PTV
- Proficient in the delivery of RAM engineering and technical support, analysis and advice provided as part of network standard development
What you'll need to succeed
- Possess a tertiary qualification in engineering or other technical field relevant to the role
- Proven record of expertise and achievement in the field of RAM engineering
- Superior skills in the provision of authoritative advice and recommendations within the field of RAM engineering
- Demonstrable capability to use RAM models and undertake RAM analysis including FMECA, FTA and ETA
- Superior written and presentation skills and a demonstrated capacity to develop comprehensive technical requirement sets and define the attendant assurance processes necessary to demonstrate satisfaction of completion
- Superior research, conceptual and analytical skills representative of industry leading subject matter experts, including the ability to identify emerging issues, trends and risks, assimilate potential applications and impacts and the expertise to resolve complex operational and sensitive stakeholder problems with respect to RAM engineering
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be joining one of Victoria's most reputable government organisation who will support and develop your career within the organisation. PTV also offer long term opportunities and a company culture that is second to none. On offer is a very competitive remuneration package, modern state of the art offices and the opportunity to develop your career with one of the best government organisation within the industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or if you have any queries about the position please contact Alistair McWhirter on 0417666327. Please review the Position Description to get a better understanding about the role.