About the role
Above all, we value the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and customers - even more so within this Covid climate. Our Safety team is committed to driving this culture right across the business. Through raising awareness and support, and guiding each other on best practices, we’re building a happier, safer and more energised workplace every day.
You’ll be a key business partner responsible for implementing an effective risk management strategy (across the State) to reduce risk in people and food safety.
What you’ll be doing
With your strongly developed leadership capabilities, you’ll lead a team of safety professionals with responsibility for over 200 sites.
Other ways you can make an impact include:
- driving the State Safety strategy to deliver continuous reduction in team member and customer injuries/illnesses
- partnering with the State Leadership Team
- create and maintain a way of thinking and accountability where Food and People safety is not solely complying with legislative requirements
- delivering value through the right behaviours and outcomes across Supermarkets
- providing safety advice to effectively integrate practical safety into decision making
- ensuring a focus on effective risk reduction
Good things you’ll need
- team management across multiple sites; including coaching, development and support
- a demonstrated ability to translate business safety analysis of State performance into improvement goals and strategies
- a track record of achieving results and leading change within a fast-paced environment; retail or hospitality industry experience will be highly regarded
- expertise in root cause analysis and effective risk management implementation
- a relevant degree or qualification and/or extensive experience in People Safety, Food Safety or a related risk management field
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.