- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $73K - $83K + Super
- Permanent position with access to a Fortnightly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for facilitating Council’s tendering, procurement, contract and contract management processes & providing advice and assistance to internal and external stakeholders. It will also support the activities of the Procurement Team through contributing to the continual improvement, efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
The successful applicant will be joining a transforming procurement environment with a supportive team culture. The role would best suit an applicant with strong stakeholder management skills with a proven track record in government procurement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Understanding of corporate finance systems;
- Understanding of procurement tools and procedures;
- Ability to assess data and draw basic conclusions;
- Considerable skills and experience in the use of MS Office suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to persuade, influence and gain the cooperation of others;
- Ability to use specific software programs relevant to the position
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Olivia Akdeniz on 9240 2409.
Applications close: 11.45pm, Wednesday 17th June 2020
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.