- $69K + Super
- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Full Time with access to fortnightly RDO
- Ref no: 18166
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Hadfield, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of Moreland City Council’s in-house Sportsfields team you will play a vital role in helping to maintain our high profile and community-based sporting fields in a healthy and safe way for all Moreland’s citizens to enjoy. You will undertake establishment and maintenance activities in Council’s ovals, parks and reserves in accordance with Council’s Open Space Maintenance Service plans.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Certificate III in Turf management
- Extensive experience in oval and turf maintenance including irrigation programming
- The ability to use turf machinery including scarifier ride-on mower, tractors, brush cutters and blowers
- Experience in the use of agricultural chemicals
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence and Medium Rigid Level or equivalent would be highly regarded
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Peter Browne on 8311 4384.
Applications close: 5pm, 17 February 2020.
To apply or obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.