- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Be part of Moreland’s Level Crossing Removal Projects
- $87K – $95K + Super
- Full time fixed term to 30 June 2021
- Ref No: 18151
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role will support the Project Manager – Major Projects LXRP to coordinate and integrate Council’s technical work, design work, community engagement and communications, and customer service approach during the various establishment, pre-design, development and construction and final completion phases of the level crossings removal project in Moreland.
Core objectives of this role and the broader Level Crossings Removal Project (LXRP) advocacy team include: advocating for best practice engagement practices to be undertaken, helping the community through the construction disruption, contributing to and influencing excellent urban design outcomes and working with Council to integrate and coordinate Councils own services and work program that may be impacted as a consequence.
This role will work within a small dedicated team lead by the Project Manager – Major Projects LXRP, including a project support officer, as well as a virtual cross organisation team. The make-up of this team may change over time as the project progresses through various phases and as project needs change.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO
- Provide project management support for the Level Crossings Removal Project, under the supervision of other senior officers in the Branch;
- Assist in Council’s effort to maximise the benefits and minimise the disruptive impact of the Level Crossing Removals in the City of Moreland including planning Council’s effort and managing it throughout the various project stages;
- Assist in coordinating and integrating Council’s effort to review and influence designs with input from diverse disciplines across Council including but not limited to transport, urban design, drainage, infrastructure engineering and events;
- Assist with Council’s planning for and implementation of stakeholder and community communications and engagement throughout the project;
WHAT YOU WILL BRING – Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or relevant transferable work experience is desirable. (A range of disciplines could be appropriate including by not limited to engineering, planning, design, project management, property or urban design);
- Ability to understand engineering designs and plans for infrastructure projects;
- Ability to lead stakeholder communications and advocacy to achieve design and/or project management improvements;
- A high level of self-motivation and complex problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge and ability in project management methodology and templates; and,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Giovanna Savini on 0432 950 880.
Applications close: 5pm, 31 January 2020
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse