- Leadership opportunity within the Roads Unit
- $98K - $110K + Super
- Full time / monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 18073
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located at the Walter Street Depot in Hadfield, just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to lead a team within the Roads Unit. Key aspects of this role include the management of staff and activities relating to Council’s Road Management Plan inspections, asset protection enforcement, reinstatements, vehicle crossings, inspections of legal points of discharge and detention systems. The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in leading and empowering staff as well as knowledge of the local law and civil construction/building industry.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in the road maintenance or building construction industry.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate staff.
- Proven ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise work for staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer technology including database use and mobile computing and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other specialist software packages.
- Well-developed communication skills (oral, written and listening) with strength in conveying messages clearly and concisely and an ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact David Santha on 8311 4345
Applications close: 5pm, 8 November 2019
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.