About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
About the Environment & Waste Department
This department is part of our City Services Division, and is responsible for building a sustainable City through the facilitation, promotion and adoption of a proactive approach in the use of our natural resources. The department also looks after the City's waste management program including the operation of our landfills, transfer stations and resource recovery centres.
This position will supervise the City’s Hard Waste Collection Services contract and provide a high level of customer service support to resolve service delivery issues, in particular the hard waste service. This position will investigate, research, report and introduce new initiatives in Hard Waste collection to improve the service, and increase recovery of materials, thereby reducing residual waste disposal to landfill.
The position is responsible for resolving complaints and requests relating to booked Hard Waste collection services ensuring service provision is consistent with contract specifications and the provision of quality, customer-focused waste collection services along with providing efficient contract management processes and facilitating compliance with Council practices and legislative requirements.
This is a temporary full-time position for 2 years.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Provide effective contract management of the Hard Waste Collection Services contract including day to day operations.
- Ensure customer enquiries, requests and complaints are addressed effectively in a timely manner and in accordance with contract requirements, Council procedures and sound customer service principles.
- Liaise with the City’s Information Services department to ensure the development of the Hard Waste Calendar booking system is developed and available to residents prior the start of the contract.
- Liaise with the contractor and residents to facilitate the resolution of requests and complaints to ensure services provided are in compliance with contract specifications and Council policies. Undertake onsite inspections to resolve issues and complaints arising from the Hard Waste collection service.
- Ensure that all services delivered comply with the relevant occupational health and safety legislation and contract OH&S requirements.
- Maintain appropriate records of customer requests including the management and resolution of requests and complaints that will support reporting, service reviews and contract development processes.
- Review and analyse service performance indicator reports to identify areas of recurring service difficulties, unresolved requests and complaints for follow up action with the contractor. Undertake control audits of data regarding compliance with the contract and the resolution of complaints.
- Liaise with the Waste Education Officer to ensure that Council’s Cityweb provides up to date and accurate information for the hard waste collection services.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or relevant experience in delivery of customer focused service contracts, customer service, waste management or contract management.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to gain cooperation from residents and the contractor to address requests and resolve complaints from residents.
- Demonstrated skills in contract management and experience with contract management compliance with experience in sound procurement practices relating to quotations and tenders for service type contracts.
- Knowledge or experience of OH&S and Worksafe regulatory framework and compliance requirements in their application to Waste Services.
- Skills in managing time and organising work to established objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, often working to deadlines.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Richard Russell | 03 5272 4540 | RRussell@geelongcity.vic.gov.au
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 30 November 2018.