- Lead the team that maintains Council’s fleet of motor vehicles and plant.
The Operations Department is looking for a suitably qualified Workshop Team Leader to join their team.
You will co-ordinate and manage the Workshop's daily work flow, staff, parts and materials to ensure Council’s motor vehicles, mobile plant and mechanical equipment are maintained and repaired in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
Skills and experience:
- Supervisory skills with the ability to organise, motivate and develop a diverse team
- Leadership, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Extensive experience in fleet repair and maintenance including light and heavy fleet repairs, hydraulics, automotive electrics and welding repairs
- Experience in repair and maintenance of side and rear loader garbage trucks, tractors, semi-trailers, mowing equipment (3 point linkage mounted and out front mowers) as well as agricultural implements, tippers, and light fleet (cars and commercials - petrol, diesel and LPG)
- Trade Certificate qualifications as a Diesel Mechanic or in heavy plant repairs
- Experience in writing quotations, evaluations and reports on activities relating to mechanical plant and vehicles
Pre- employment Function Assessment required
Working with children check desirable
Evidence of COVID vaccination
We are offering:
- Attractive salary range $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus super
- Permanent full time 76 hours per fortnight with fortnightly RDO
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Based at the Operations Depot Cnr Banksia and Waterdale Rd Ivanhoe
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact David Walczak Tel: 9490 4518 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Thursday 28 October 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.