- Permanent full time
- Monthly RDO
- Greensborough location
- Local Law role
Banyule City Council has an opportunity for a Construction Management & Inspection Permits Officer to join the Municipal Laws team on a permanent full time basis.
The Municipal Laws team oversee the implementation of Council’s Local Law No. 1 ensuring a long-term and responsible approach to the ongoing vitality, prosperity and welfare of residents, businesses, animals and the environment through education and where necessary enforcement.
About the role
You will efficiently and effectively coordinate, deliver and monitor construction Local Law permits and inspections. This includes maintenance of all permits and permit registers that impact on the building environment.
As Construction Management & Inspection Permits Officer you will have
- Qualifications relating to building inspections, construction, construction local laws or project management.
- Knowledge of OH&S, environmental, construction and traffic management requirements and procedures.
- Local government experience
- Extensive knowledge of construction related local laws
- Construction Industry white card.
- Driver’s License
Our staff choose to align their career with Banyule because we offer career and professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, a terrific environment and work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- Salary range $69,817.89 to 80,881.66 plus super
- Permanent full time 38 hours per week
- Monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please access a copy of the position description via the link below. For a further confidential discussion, we encourage you to contact Mark Bernhardt Municipal Laws Coordinator Tel: 9490 4385
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on: Wednesday 21 August 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.