- Permanent, full time
- Salary between $99,253 to $110,201 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Reporting to the Director of Business Services, this role is responsible for providing leadership and management of the Fleet Unit and providing effective advice to staff across the organisation on fleet related matters. At all times the unit endeavours to provide professional fleet management and best value services to Council.
The Fleet Unit is responsible for the management of the Council’s fleet of vehicles, plant and equipment. This fleet enables staff across Council to provide and maintain a wide range of infrastructure assets for the community.
Key Selection Criteria
- Substantial experience in the field of fleet management, including heavy plant. A relevant tertiary or related trade qualification would be valued as well as related practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving best value outcomes in the acquisition, operations, maintenance and disposal of fleet assets including contemporary experience in fleet management systems and their application.
- A sound understanding of tendering and contracts as they relate to fleet.
- Sound understanding of accounting processes and experience in budget preparation and monitoring including whole and life fleet costing.
- Proven ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with all levels of staff and clients both orally and in writing, including the completion of specifications, contracts, and regular fleet reporting
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday, 14 October 2018.
For further information on this position, please contact Glenn Kallio, Director Business Services on 53205625