- Residential Monday to Friday permanent role
- Enjoy a work/life balance in tropical Townsville
- Exciting time to join our growing port during a period of expansion
Port of Townsville Limited (POTL) owns and manages the Ports of Townsville and Lucinda in North Queensland which are vital trade gateways for Northern Australia, handling around $8 billion worth of cargo each year. POTL is the country’s largest sugar, molasses, zinc, lead, copper and fertiliser port, and the largest container, general cargo and automotive port in Northern Australia.
This is a unique time to join POTL, with Stage 1 of the Port expansion now underway. The $193 million Channel Upgrade project is the Port’s largest infrastructure investment to date. The project involves widening of the Platypus and Sea channels to allow access for larger commercial, cruise and defence ships.
We offer many benefits. Our Health and Wellbeing Program includes free annual flu vaccinations and skin checks, discounted gym memberships and access to, special private health offers. We also provide an Employee Assistance Program to employees and their immediate family members and offer Flexible Working Arrangements, making this a fantastic family friendly career opportunity.
THE POSITION AND YOU:
This is a great career opportunity for an individual who thrives on professional challenges and working in a dynamic team-based culture. As a Safety Advisor, you are to support the creation of an active safety culture across Port of Townsville Limited (POTL), to assist in the management and improvement POTL’s safety management systems, to contribute to the achievement of POTL’s business objectives and to ensure compliance with legislative and organisational requirements.
To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Suitable qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety including a minimum Cert IV Work Health and Safety
- Experience in behavioural safety management, risk management and investigation techniques
- Possession of a current Queensland Open Driver’s Licence
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desirable)
Further details on the position can be found in the Position Description.
HOW DO I APPLY:
- Click apply and follow the prompts
- Attach a current resume and a cover letter
Applications close COB by 5.00pm on Sunday 23rd February 2020.
For general enquiries please contact Tracy Batley on 0747 811 514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Port of Townsville Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.