Ganger - Road Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Randwick City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Ganger - Road Services
Position Number: F2017/00423
Permanent full-time (76 hours per fortnight)
Salary: $63,923 - $70,324 per annum + 9.5% super
- Popular eastern suburbs Council
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Friendly team environment
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. We are currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to join the Road Services team!
The road services team are responsible for footpaths, drainage, pot holes, heavy patching, signs, lines and asset opening permit restoration maintenance activities within the Randwick City Council Local Government area. There are two vacancies, one in the Concrete team and one in Asphalt. The roles will require the successful applicants to operate plant and equipment as well as lead the daily activities of a small team and to ensure all works are effectively achieved and are in accordance with Council specifications and safe work method statements.
To be considered for either one of the roles we require candidates that hold a Certificate III in Civil Construction (or equivalent) and have demonstrated experience in the management of outdoor staff. Other essential requirements include:
- Demonstrated experience in management of outdoor staff
- An understanding of Workplace Health, Safety and Rehabilitation regulations relevant to work area.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in dealing with members the public.
- Be self motivated and show initiative in the delegated areas of responsibility.
- A willingness to comply with all Council’s policies and procedures.
- Class C drivers licence and/or relevant licences to operate associated plant and equipment for the section.
It is desirable but not essential to have a MR driver’s licence and hold a current First Aid Certificate.
Further Information: Please visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Gary Stone, Coordinator Road Services, on 02 9093 6720.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet each of the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
Closing date: 1 November 2017
- Closing Date:
- 01 Nov 2017
- NSW - Randwick
- $63,923 - $70,324 per annum + 9.5% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time