Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
A career-defining opportunity is now available for a General Manager within our expanding Infrastructure Projects business. Reporting directly into the Executive General Manager you will lead, direct and manage the Downer Infrastructure Project Division business activities to deliver company objectives of growth, sustainability, performance, zero harm and optimisation. You will proactively engage with the Operations Manager NSW and the civil and rail infrastructure project teams to develop and implement business strategies with a longer-term focus (typically 1-5 year horizon) based on the organisation’s strategic vision and bluesheet.
- Bachelor of Business and/or Engineering
- Demonstrable and successful senior management experience / capability gained in a similar business environment with at least 10 years’ experience gained at this level
- Demonstrated ability in proactively build relationships with key stakeholders/clients, peers and colleagues
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership and development of people/teams
- Preparation of operational budgets and review financial information
- Ability to review and ‘right size’ business
- Working knowledge and understanding of OH&S and employee relations legislation
- Strong experience in contract management
- Proven management skills at a senior level including identifying and managing change
- Identify strategies; build business plans and initiatives to deliver growth outcomes.
- Negotiation, influencing and solid decision making skills based on facts and analysis.
- Ability to recruit and develop the right people into the right positions and to provide appropriate succession planning; leadership of staff and managing project teams.
- Professional presentation and conduct
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
Closing date: 26 May 2017
For more information contact: Paul.Kazoullis@downergroup.com