Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
As the Senior Manager Procurement & Contracts, you will be accountable for heading up the Enterprise Procurement and Contracts team to focus their efforts on strategic and customer centric supply chain activities across Queensland Rail. In this role, you will build long term partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including with the Queensland Rail Executive Leadership Team and the Board.
You will coach, inspire and lead a team of 50 employees (with 2 direct reports) working across a range of projects that benefit the Queensland community. Key priorities also include the implementation of a new agile operating model, development and implementation of a supplier relations management (SRM) Framework and the optimisation of our existing systems. You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Strategic leadership of approximately 50 employees with two direct reports
- Seeking opportunities to drive value for money outcomes
- Strategic sourcing activities including managing the procurement pipeline
- Oversight regarding the management of corporate contracts as well as the provision of contract advisory services to the business
- Supplier and stakeholder management
- Governance and compliance
- Strong leadership experience with a focus on business transformation and change
- Demonstrated background implementing strategies aimed at maximising procurement opportunities across a diverse client base
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain and contractual requirements in a commercial environment
- High level of skill in the management of a broad and diverse logistics function including procurement, contract management and supplier relations
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
Apply to position number 78127 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Thursday the 4th of June 2020. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.