In this role you will be required to prepare and undertake training, associated assessment (both classroom and field-based) and support activities in the areas of Rail Safety, to ensure Queensland Rail employees and contractors are safe and competent to perform their role. These activities will be compliant with legislative, regulatory or Enterprise requirements and in line with the Engineering Trades (ET and Civil Infrastructure (CI) Career and Development (CaD) framework to ensure employee career development and national competence is attained.
Key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Prepare and conduct formal and informal training and assessment activities in accordance with relevant and approved capability and ET & CI CaD frameworks and guidelines, relevant legislative, regulatory or Enterprise requirements, and/or personal development plans, where applicable.
- Liaise with Training Schedulers regarding the scheduling and coordination of training activities and competency assessments.
- If applicable, provide an ongoing support structure for Protection Officers and Designated Managers to improve the understanding and accurate application of the Safeworking training standards and guidelines and the Queensland Network Rules and Procedures.
- Undertake LMS trainer and assessor data entry and maintain records of training and competency activities in relevant records management systems.
- Support efficiency and effectiveness in learning practices by challenging traditional thinking and participating in the adoption of the 70:20:10 learning model and the application of contemporary learning solutions.
- Build and maintain positive, effective relationships with managers and learners by supporting their workforce development requirements according to agreed ET & CI competencies.
- Build and maintain a high level of proficiency in the delivery of traditional and contemporary learning methods through attendance at professional development events.
- Maintain ATAA membership by ensuring industry currency in the delivery of all training and assessments.
- Undertake other team support activities as required, where suitably competent and qualified assist the Technical Rail Training team with the delivery of assessments.
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualification(s):
- TAE40116 Cert IV Training & Assessment?or equivalent
- National C Class Drivers Licence
This is a permanent role based in Maryborough, the successful candidate will be required to travel to areas around Queensland.?
What’s on offer – Annual salary - $78, 049 + super + travel expenses. You will also be provided with a vehicle for travel for work purposes.
Apply to position number?54783 by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by?8:00am Tuesday 15th October, 2019.
Please address your application to Sara Bidgood, Senior Recruitment Adviser.? To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity phone 07 3072 0405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.? Please do not email your application, we can only accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process?for this position may require the successful applicant to satisfactorily undertake?a video screen, psychometric and alcohol and other drug test.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position