- Are you looking to progress your career in a leadership role?
- Do you strive to always provide world class service?
- Do you thrive on providing solutions for challenging problems and situations?
- Do you love to travel?
If you have answered yes to all of the above - then this is the job you have been looking for!
With approximately 6,800 staff, more than $6 billion in fixed and other assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We are searching for a customer focussed leader that is looking to take the next step in their career and manage the service environment onboard our long distance train services.
Ideally you will be someone that is safety orientated who leads from the front and thrives on dealing in pressure situations.
Your customer service experience will be invaluable in mentoring the onboard team to ensure that the highest level of service is provided consistently and safely. Your ability to deal with conflict both with customers and team members in an objective and professional manner will ensure this occurs.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator Rockhampton in this role you will manage the Onboard train environment by ensuring the optimal standard of service is provided to Queensland Rail customers in accordance with Queensland Rail procedures and guidelines.
Your main responsibilities in the role include:
- Manage the provision of front line customer service, that is in accordance with Queensland Rail Passenger Customer Service Standards and Queensland Rail's core safety principles, and in every respect encourage our customers to regularly use our Queensland Rail Services.
- Manage Onboard Customer Service (OBCS) staff ensuring role specific duties are performed in a manner which complies with relevant legislative requirements, fatigue management and roster guidelines, and Queensland Rail's values and behaviours.
- Ensure staff adhere to Onboard Catering and Financial procedures and processes to ensure all legal and safety responsibilities of the business are complied with.
- Ensure travelling customers are in possession of a valid ticket and issue tickets in accordance with Ticketing policy as required.
- Supervise the acceptance, loading and delivery of customer baggage and ensure it is in accordance with OBCS luggage policy and requirements.
- Coordinate the handover of the train to the incoming Supervisor at changeover locations and liaise with OBCS personnel to arrange delivery of catering supplies as required.
- Managing situations onboard when there are disruptions to train services
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in transport operations supervision
- Substantial skill in the provision of a high standard of customer service.
- Substantial skills in management of personnel.
- Substantial interpersonal and communication skills.
- Substantial problem solving and decision making skills.
- Advanced Resuscitation
- Provide CPR 12 Mths
- Provide First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Low Voltage Rescue (12 Mths)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
Apply to position number 6801 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Thursday 20th July 2017.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply. We support working flexibly and encourage candidates to have a discussion around flexible work arrangements.